Atomic 19 Sport Fisher Mono-Hull Boat
The latest in US and Australian boating trends now in SA: All-new Atomic 19 Sport Fisher and family leisure mono-hull boats
New boating tech in SA: The all-new Atomic 19 Sport Fisher is a versatile mono-hull boat that’s as good for fishing as it is for skiing and family leisure trips. Here’s what the Atomic 19 looks like, all the info, including specs, features, unique and optional extras. Plus: how to order your new boat custom-built from us.
CUSTOM-BUILT NEW ATOMIC 19 SPORT FISHER
Built by Atomic Power Boats – a new collective of some of SA’s most experienced boat builders – the Atomic 19 Sport Fisher incorporates some of the latest in boating tech from the US and Australia, making it available as standard features here in South Africa.
Why mono-hull, you ask? Well, whole most of SA’s super-performing powered cat designs are awesome for offshore, they can be bit overkill when you’re mainly inshore or on dams, rivers and estuaries. And the compact mono of the Atomic 19 offers a really go go-between – it has a relatively shallow V, making it good for freshwater boating. But it also has remarkable stability for ocean fishing. So the tech makes it great for both worlds.
THE LATEST INTERNATIONAL BOAT TECH AND DESIGN TRENDS
The first thing you notice on the Atomic 19 Sports Fisher is the unique shape: It’s a mono-hull, but it doesn’t scream mono. In fact, the V is quite shallow with a finely tuned 18.5-degree deadrise that gives you a much softer ride, while still allowing to power through ocean waves.
And then it sits well in the water. With a draft of only about 280mm. But, it feels remarkably stable in high winds and it’s super easy to get on a plane. And that’s thanks to the highly efficient Trim Tabs.
Now, Trim Tabs have become extremely popular overseas in the last few years. And what they do is they allow you to adjust the balance of the boat to correct the roll on the port and starboard – plus you control these with easy switches on the console.
FOR FISHING OR FAMILY FUN ON THE WATER
Developed as a dual-purpose vessel, the Atomic 19 has all the bells and whistles you want from a fishing boat, complete with hatches, tanks, well, storage, rod holders – you name it. But the design makes it ideal for leisure, too.
It has loads of comfortable seating and fishes in some of the best materials available, as well as loads of optional extras that can add a bit of luxury and function for taking people out on a cruise. But it’s also quite ideal for skiing. The mono design and Trim Tabs makes it really good for manoeuvrability and speed int he kind of places you want to go water skiing.
NEW ATOMIC 19 SPORT FISHER POWERED BY NAUTI-TECH SUZUKI
Once complete, Nauti-Tech Suzuki will power and equip your new Atomic 19 ski boat with all electronics and your choice of recommended industry-leading Suzuki outboards.
- Length: 19–19.6 foot (5.7–5.9m)
- Beam: 2.35m
- Hull: Mono
- Capacity: 6/7 pax
- 200L Built-in tank, serviceable and removable
- Centre Console and top finishes by leading SA boat builder
- 100% Composite construction (no wood) for strength and durability
- Deck and casting deck (optional) from Spherecore chopped strand matt sandwich
- Transom made from Coosa board (closed-cell, high-density fibre re-enforced foam)
- Highest grade buoyancy foam – good for sound deadening, inland and offshore use
- Trim Tabs fitted for improved fuel economy, better weight balance and easy planing
- Seat bases made from Komacel (foamed PVC)
- Reinforced keel
- Decent height gunwales for comfort and stability (seamless deck integration)
- Motor well ensures a dry rear deck at all times
- Large live bait well, ample seating and storage space
- Various skippers’ seat and console options available
- 3 x Bow seats (2 x long bench on stainless gas struts)
- 8 x Horizontal under-gunwale rod racks, 4 each side
- Sporty modern colours in range/choose your own
- Very soft and dry ride in rough and windy conditions
- Spacious layout, walk-through access from rear step platforms
- Design and structural glass build method ensures a solid craft
- Only Lloyds approved resins, gel coats, structural woven fibre matting
- Latest American and Australian design trends incorporated
- No additional costs on special colour orders
- T-Tops: GRP or brushed aluminium with Bimini canvas tops to choose from
- Removable casting deck and sunbed in the bow
- Removable 78L cooler box under pilot seat
- Removable cocktail table on foredeck
For more 5-metre options, check out the Flamingo 170 and Flamingo 180 cabin cruisers, the Survivor 550 or the Nauti-Tech Party Barge. And get the inside track on how to choose an outboard for your boat.