ATOMIC 22 SPORT FISHER MONO-HULL BOAT
Ideal inshore and offshore boating performance with the latest international hull design technology
Awesome new 6.5-metre boating tech: The all-new Atomic 22 Sport Fisher is a powered boat that’s extremely versatile. A mono-hull design featuring the latest tech and innovation from the US and Australian markets, now available here in SA – and as good for fishing as it is for leisure. See what it looks like, get all the info: specs, features, unique and optional extras. Plus: how to order your new Atomic 22 boat custom-built from us.
ATOMIC 22 SPORT FISHER, CUSTOM-BUILT FOR YOU
Created by a new collective of some of SA’s most experienced boat builders, Atomic Power Boats, the new Atomic 22 Sport Fisher uses some of the latest International boating tech to produce a pretty unique mono-hull option right here in South Africa.
And why mono-hull? Well, it’s all part of the plan. Atomic realises that many of the local powered cats are very high-performance, which makes them great for offshore. But all that power can be wasted if you’re spending a fair bit of time fishing inshore, or even on dams, rivers and estuaries. So Atomic wanted to create a compact mono that gives you very lean performance – it features a relatively shallow V, compared to other monos available on the market today.
And that makes it really good for freshwater or inshore boating. But then it also uses special new tech that helps stabilise it, so you can take it out onto the ocean and put it through its paces – the Atomic 22 gives you the best of both worlds!
INTERNATIONAL BOATING TECH & DESIGN
One thing about the Atomic 22 Sports Fisher is the unique shape: It doesn’t scream mono-hull. In fact, the V is quite shallow with a finely tuned 21-degree deadrise that gives you a much softer ride, while still allowing to power through ocean waves.
And then it sits well in the water. With a draft of only about 320mm. But, it feels remarkably stable in high winds and it’s super easy to get on a plane. And that’s thanks to the highly efficient Trim Tabs.
Now, Trim Tabs have become extremely popular overseas in the last few years. And what they do is they allow you to adjust the balance of the boat to correct the roll off the port and starboard – plus you control these with easy switches on the console.
GREAT FOR FISHING OR FAMILY LEISURE CRUISING
The Atomic 22 was 100% created to be dual-purpose. It comes with all the bells and whistles you want from a fishing boat, complete with hatches, tanks, well, storage, rod holders – you name it. But the design makes it ideal for leisure, too.
It has loads of comfortable seating and finishes in some of the best materials available, as well as loads of optional extras that can add a bit of luxury and function for taking people out on a cruise. But it’s also quite ideal for skiing, wakeboard, tubing etc. The mono design and Trim Tabs makes it really good for manoeuvrability and speed int he kind of places you want to go water skiing.
NEW ATOMIC 22 SPORT FISHER POWERED BY NAUTI-TECH SUZUKI
Once complete, Nauti-Tech Suzuki will power and equip your new Atomic 22 ski boat with all electronics and your choice of recommended industry-leading Suzuki outboards.
- Length: 22 foot (6.5m)
- Beam: 2.62m
- Hull: Mono
- Capacity: 6/7 pax
- 200L Built-in tank, serviceable and removable
- Centre Console and top finishes by leading SA boat builder
- 100% Composite construction (no wood) for strength and durability
- Deck and casting deck (optional) from Spherecore chopped strand matt sandwich
- Transom made from Coosa board (closed-cell, high-density fibre re-enforced foam)
- Highest grade buoyancy foam – good for sound deadening, inland and offshore use
- Trim Tabs fitted for improved fuel economy, better weight balance and easy planing
- Seat bases made from Komacel (foamed PVC)
- Reinforced keel
- Decent height gunwales for comfort and stability (seamless deck integration)
- Motor well ensures a dry rear deck at all times
- Large live bait well, ample seating and storage space
- Various skippers’ seat and console options available
- 3 x Bow seats (2 x long bench on stainless gas struts)
- 8 x Horizontal under-gunwale rod racks, 4 each side
- Sporty modern colours in range/choose your own
- Very soft and dry ride in rough and windy conditions
- Spacious layout, walk-through access from rear step platforms
- Design and structural glass build method ensures a solid craft
- Only Lloyds approved resins, gel coats, structural woven fibre matting
- Latest American and Australian design trends incorporated
- No additional costs on special colour orders
- T-Tops: GRP or brushed aluminium with Bimini canvas tops to choose from
- Removable casting deck and sunbed in the bow
- Removable 78L cooler box under pilot seat
- Removable cocktail table on foredeck
- Loads more – just ask!
Also check out the 5.5-metre Atomic 19, as well as the Nauti-Tech Party Barge, the Flamingo 216 cabin cruiser and the CarryCat 670. And get the inside track on how to choose an outboard for your boat.